“I have a cape cod contemporary two story on the water with large windows facing east. We have a beautiful whitewashed cedar ceiling. The floor has stark white 10″ floor tiles that are very hard to keep clean. I’d like to replace it with porcelain floor planking that looks like wood. I’m stuck trying to decide on the color for the floor. There are so many options. By the way, the doors are all whitewashed with a bright white wood trim. My style is classic with a bit of contemporary thrown in. We are planning on a redo of the fireplace as well as well as the kitchen.
Here is a summary of my decorating challenges:
- What color floor planking (porcelain) to put on the floor.
- What color to paint the new wood around our new fireplace.
- The kitchen cabinets are white washed. I’m selecting white painted ones. What color granite – light or dark for more or less of a contrast?
- The wood doors are all white washed too. As is the railing going up the stairs. Do I paint the railing white or?
- Do I paint the walls a lighter or darker color?
Here’s what Vastu senior designer Sarita Peresada had to offer: Read more