It’s fairly obvious that 14th Street is in the midst of big changes. You read countless blog posts, even here on Design Clique, on the new developments, stores, restaurants and bars that are opening in our neighborhood.
Well, we’re just going to add one more. This weekend, October 13th & 14th, real estate development company PN Hoffman is holding an open house at their newest project, Northern Exchange, located at 1401 R St. NW.
Besides getting a close-up look of the progress on the converted and renovated telephone switchboard building, you’ll be able to tour the two model units which were designed and furnished by Vastu!
Check out some photos of Vastu co-owner, and model unit designer, Jason Claire setting up the model units with new Vastu designer Nadia Powell.
- Living Area Dupont Sofa by Steven Anthony, Risom Lounge Chair by Knoll, Agadir Coffee Table by Roost, Annex Media Unit and Portland Rug by Mat
- Living Area Media Detail Risom Lounge Chair by Knoll and Annex Media Unit
- Final Touches in the Bedroom Nadia smoothing out the wrinkles on the Shaw Uplift Storage Bed w/ Upholstered Headboard
- Bedroom Loft Shaw Uplift Storage Bed w/ Upholstered Headboard, Tres Bedside Dressers and Flight Table Lamps
- Bedroom Loft Detail Tres Dresser, Mirror by Babette Holland and Zee Floor Lamp
- Living Room Sofa Detail Custom 72" Dupont Sofa by Steven Anthony
- Living Area Jason and Mike from Potomac Draperies finishin up in the living area.
- Living Area Detail Veridis Media Unit, Douglas Return Bench and Ghost Fireplace by EcoSmart Fire
- Living Area Sofa Detail Custom 72" Georgetown Sofa by Steven Anthony, Douglas Return Bench, Woven Leather Rug by Roost
- View From the Loft Veridis Media Unit, Douglas Return Bench, Ghost Fireplace by EcoSmart Fire, Eames Molded Plastic Rocker by Herman Miller and Georgetown Sofa by Steven Anthony
- Loft Desk Aluminum Clad Desk by Roost and Gigi Chair by Knoll
- Bedroom Loft Vastu Low Platform Bed by Steven Anthony and Metro C-Table
The Northern Exchange Open House
October 13 & 14, 2012 | 12 – 4PM
The 2012 Knoll Space Sale is in full swing here at Vastu and we’re seeing some great ideas come alive in client orders. If you’re still waiting on placing your own order, check out these great photos from past projects that include some iconic Knoll pieces.
Don’t forget, the Knoll Space Sale lasts through September 30th and includes Free In-Home White Glove Delivery for orders to the DC Metro Area.
See you soon!
It’s our final post in the Before & After: Poolside in Palm Springs series and I definitely feel like we’ve saved the best for last. Scroll below to see the dramatic transformations of the master bedroom and bath, media room, outside patio and pool area.
The Master Bedroom
The Master Bathroom
The Media Room
The Pool & Patio
Click below to see other images from Eric Kole’s Palm Springs house.
In this post, we’ll show you how Eric Kole, Vastu co-owner, transformed the kitchen, living room, guest bedrooms and bathroom from dark, crowded and outdated spaces into luxurious, spacious rooms befitting a swanky Palm Springs abode.
- Kitchen Before
- Kitchen During Renovation
- Finished Kitchen
- Finished Kitchen
The Living Room
- Living Room Before
- Living Room During Renovation
First Guest Bedroom
Second Guest Bedroom
New paint on the walls and flooring, a thoughtful collection of furniture and whole lot less clutter really cleaned up those bedrooms, and there’s still more to come! Next time, I’ll be revealing the media room, the master bedroom and bath and the fantastic outdoor living areas.
Vastu co-owner Eric Kole recently bought and remodeled a property in Palm Springs, California and the before and after images are like night and day!
Before Eric took over the home it was crowded, extremely dark and didn’t have a clear personality or sense of style. Actually, it did have a personality: dark, kind of depressing and dumpy. The interior and exterior of the home did not fit with the swanky feel of Palm Springs. I mean, this house is next door to Frank Sinatra’s house! It should be spectacular.
Check out the first set of photos below to see how Eric achieved it!
The Dining Room
- Dining Room Before
- Dining Room During Renovation
- Finished Dining Room
- Entry Before
- Entry During the Renovation
- Finished Entry Area
- Fireplace Before
- Fireplace During the Renovation
- Finished Fireplace
That’s just a short sneak peek at Eric’s amazing Palm Springs house renovation. Check back with Design Clique as we reveal the kitchen, bedrooms and fabulous poolside patio
If you’ve checked out our web page for Vastu Design Services you may have noticed that things look a little different now.
The best part of this re-design is that you can go from a before & after slide to the actual project within our Portfolio, see the pieces our designers used in the space and then head to product page to get dimensions, pricing and other information!
If you haven’t visited our website in awhile, be sure to check our new Design Services page today.
(And if you have any friends or family who have recently moved or are looking to redecorate, send ‘em our way!)
“I have a cape cod contemporary two story on the water with large windows facing east. We have a beautiful whitewashed cedar ceiling. The floor has stark white 10″ floor tiles that are very hard to keep clean. I’d like to replace it with porcelain floor planking that looks like wood. I’m stuck trying to decide on the color for the floor. There are so many options. By the way, the doors are all whitewashed with a bright white wood trim. My style is classic with a bit of contemporary thrown in. We are planning on a redo of the fireplace as well as well as the kitchen.
Here is a summary of my decorating challenges:
- What color floor planking (porcelain) to put on the floor.
- What color to paint the new wood around our new fireplace.
- The kitchen cabinets are white washed. I’m selecting white painted ones. What color granite – light or dark for more or less of a contrast?
- The wood doors are all white washed too. As is the railing going up the stairs. Do I paint the railing white or?
- Do I paint the walls a lighter or darker color?
Here’s what Vastu senior designer Sarita Peresada had to offer: Read more
Check out these great photos from a recently finished design project from Vastu designer, Sarita Peresada.
Located in Old Town Alexandria, this townhouse is full of light, colors, and textures that combine to create a warm and inviting space while keeping a modern design aesthetic.
To see the rest of the photos and to find out what pieces were used to furnish this beautiful home, check out Vastu’s Residential Portfolio.
If you’re ever in need of design help, contact us and one of our designers will assist you in setting up an appointment.
We know you’ve been waiting to see pictures of Eric’s rooms since his episode of Showhouse Showdown premiered on September 12th. Especially if you weren’t able to catch it or DVR it. Well continue on below to see photos of Eric’s designs and a list of products shown in each room!
Last week we received a couple of emails that just made our collective day and put a big smile on Vastu co-owner Eric Kole’s face.
The first was from Hope M. of Rochester, New York. While watching Eric’s premiere episode of Showhouse Showdown, she was so inspired by his design that she submitted the following comment on our website:
“I just watched HGTV’s ‘Showroom Showdown’ on 9/14 and had to write to let Eric know that he got robbed. I wasn’t surprised by the end results of who ‘won,’ given the demographics of the area. But I wanted Eric to know that at least 1 viewer thought his design was absolutely beautiful and inspiring. From the fireplace and stunning furniture selections to that headboard (oy.,,,) and sublime graphic tree wallpaper to the citrus slices and grocery art, I was literally jumping off the couch. Even my dogs got into it! I would have bought that house in a minute. Actually i would have MOVED that house to a much cooler location! Thank you for providing a much-needed breath of modern, clean, fresh design. Someday when I’m rich, I’ll hire you! Peace out, Hope.”
In a follow-up email, Hope continued with:
“I truly was drawn to your ideas and thought the spaces you created were so simple and sophisticated, yet still fun and very livable. I’m an avid interior design junkie and this is the first time I’ve been moved enough to want to contact the designer.”
Comments like these let our designers know that they’re doing something right! And even though Eric didn’t win his individual episode, Hope’s messages really did make him feel like the winner. Thanks Hope!!
The second message we received last week was from a recent Vastu client, Jason H. of Arlington, VA. He had ordered a custom Cosmo Bed by Steven Anthony and when he received it, he had this to say: Read more