More Changes to Come for 14th Street
Besides all of the new construction that can be found up and down 14th St, looks like our great street will also be getting some new features thanks to the District Department of Transportation.
On the menu for 14th:
- “twin-20″ Washington Globe lighting
- teardrop pendant lighting for street illumination
- dedicated bike lines
- pedestrian “bulb-outs”
- for key intersections, like those at Rhode Island Avenue, Florida Avenue and U Street, crosswalks and sidewalks will get special iconic identification
- cement sidewalks will give way to London pavers
- new street furniture such as garbage bins, tree boxes and bike racks
While 14th street was designed as a major thoroughfare by L’Enfant, it does have to wait until DDOT finishes the other projects that are part of the Great Streets Initiative.
To read the full article by DC Mud, click here.